New Media, Technology & Young Adults – Interviews w/ Texas Bishops
How often do you get to ask your bishop questions about their diocese and young adults in the Church? In September 2022, University of St. Thomas-Houston hosted the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops for their annual General Assembly. We took the opportunity to ask a few Texas bishops and a couple of others a few questions:
- “Describe your diocese in a few sentences.”
- "What is an innovative initiative in your diocese?"
- “What do you hear or what questions do you have for young adults?”
Here are the bishops who willingly stepped up the mic:
- Bishop David Toups, Diocese of Beaumont
- Bishop Daniel Flores, Diocese of Brownsville
- Bishop James Tamayo, Diocese of Laredo
- Bishop Michael Sis, Diocese of San Angelo
- Bishop Brendan Cahill, Diocese of Victoria
We also interviewed a couple of others:
- Fr. Jacob Koether, Diocese of Victoria
- Amy Auzenne, Director of Evangelization and Catechesis, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
We at MAX Studios were also pumped to give a presentation at the event on "Evangelization in the Digital World" focusing on how dioceses can utilize digital (primarily social) media to share the Gospel far and wide. Jonathan "Bearded Blevins" joined us for that presentation.