Passing Torches and Breaking Records
After setting multiple school records, when Anthony Medina graduated from the University of St. Thomas-Houston, he set out to achieve his dream of becoming a basketball coach. Now he is back at UST as the head coach leading the team to multiple victories.
In this episode of BOLD, we interviewed Coach Medina, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Region Coach of the Year! He talks about his own basketball experience here at UST and walks us through his journey from student to coach. Also, watch the whole video to find out who he selected to be on his UST Dream Team.
Learn more about Anthony Medina and the men's basketball team.
Mentioned Calen Anderson in Episode:
The Royal Treatment w/ Calen Anderson & Kailee Mann | BOLD
- Coach Medina is hilarious yet humble.
- The experience is what is important, not winning or losing.
- There is a lot more to basketball than Xs and Os.
- Reflect on a time that you had expectations but they were not met because of outside circumstances. How can you use that experience for other situations in the future?
- How do you use all of the different experiences that you have had in order to give you a unique perspective?
- When there is "background noise" how do you make sure that it doesn't interfere with the work?