Instagram helped UST freshman, Madi Baker, achieve her goal of playing volleyball at the collegiate level.
In this episode of BOLD, Madi sits down with Host Isabel Garcia to talk about the benefits of using social media to reach your goals. She outlines her experience of moving from California to Texas to play volleyball at UST. Madi also mentions her faith and how it has been a constant in her life.
Anjali Gonzalez received a full ride to UST by receiving the Hometown Hero Scholarship. The scholarship compelled her to propose a plan to solve a problem in her community. She chose to facilitate a drive to support pregnant women in need.
In this episode of BOLD, Isabel Garcia, Host, sits down with Anjali, a freshman, to discover what it takes to be a hometown hero. Anjali talks about living a life of service and how her faith inspired her to pursue Nursing.
This summer Sean Sheikh, Assistant Director of Media Relations for Athletics at the University of St. Thomas - Houston, got the chance of a lifetime, to represent the Philippines in the World Lacrosse Championships!
In this episode of BOLD, Isabel Garcia, Host, sits down to talk to Sean about the winding journey that led him to the championships, how this brought him closer to God and how the entire experience was one of healing and joy.
They also talk about the history of lacrosse and the fundamentals of playing.
After setting multiple school records, when Anthony Medina graduated from the University of St. Thomas-Houston, he set out to achieve his dream of becoming a basketball coach. Now he is back at UST as the head coach leading the team to multiple victories.
In this episode of BOLD, we interviewed Coach Medina, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Region Coach of the Year! He talks about his own basketball experience here at UST and walks us through his journey from student to coach. Also, watch the whole video to find out who he selected to be on his UST Dream Team.
Mentioned Calen Anderson in Episode:
The Royal Treatment w/ Calen Anderson & Kailee Mann | BOLD
- Coach Medina is hilarious yet humble.
- The experience is what is important, not winning or losing.
- There is a lot more to basketball than Xs and Os.
- Reflect on a time that you had expectations but they were not met because of outside circumstances. How can you use that experience for other situations in the future?
- How do you use all of the different experiences that you have had in order to give you a unique perspective?
- When there is "background noise" how do you make sure that it doesn't interfere with the work?